When people see my work I’d like them to feel as if they’ve just been given a unique chance to view the busy everyday world, alone, for a moment. Daily life is easily overlooked even though there is a great deal of visual poetry associated with our surroundings.
Most art allows us to escape from our lives while dreaming that the grass is greener on the other side. The work I present here tries to explore the boundaries within our own fences.
- Delaware Division of the Arts Honorable Mention
- Fourth Place in the Oils & Acrylics category, Lititz Art Show
- Faucett Okie Award for an emerging Delaware artist working in oil or pastel, in a traditional style, Rehoboth Art League
- First Place, Lancaster Country Art Association
- Rehoboth Art League Members' Showcase: Drawing, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Biggs Picture: Landscapes by Regional Artists, selected by Catherine Drabkin, founding faculty member of the Delaware College of Art and Design, & Robert J. Koenke, Editor-in-Chief at Wildlife Art, Dover, DE
- 3rd Biennial Regional Juried Show, selected by Susan Isaacs PhD, curator, Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- 33rd Annual Berks Art Alliance Juried Show, selected by Anne Lampe, director, Demuth Museum, and Jeffrey Reed, Reading, PA
- 40th Annual Open Juried Exhibit, selected by Laure Drogoul, York, PA